Gypsum and Plywood products are commonly used as a tiling substrate in showers where stud walls are common. Both these substrates are susceptible to deterioration if moisture penetrates through a crack or joint on a tiled wall or floor. Constant moisture penetration will cause both products to degrade over time and result in moisture related problems.
Euroform Versabacker Tile Backer Board is manufactured using inorganic substances and alkaline resistant fibreglass mesh. The product is naturally cured using no energy through cold fusion unlike similar competitive products on the market which use autoclaving technology. This ensures that Versabacker Tile Backer Board has a relatively low impact on the environment.
Versabacker Tile Backer Board achieves its superior strength and flexibility by the introduction of two layers of alkaline resistant glass fibre mesh. Consistent high quality of the product is maintained and monitored through a sophisticated digitally controlled process to ensure a superior finished board always reaches our commitment to quality assurance.
Features & Benefits
Thermal Insulation Properties
- Provides a high level of thermal movements during hot and cold cycles (Thermal Shock)
- An ability to withstand abuse, including surface impact – 34 N/mm
Low Carbon Manufacturing Process
- A natural cured process with a chemical reaction using low levels of heat and a lengthy drying out stage
Moisture & Water Resistant
- Versabacker Tile Backer Boards will not physically deteriorate when subjected to water or moisture
- Resistant to rodent infestation like mice and rats (also resistant to insects)
Easy and Fast Workability
- Easy and simple to prepare and attach. Rough surface allows application of renders or direct paint/wallpaper
- Unlike paper faced/wood based products, does not contain cellulose, limiting mould growth
- Ensures a healthy, durable working building with a natural ability to absorb and release moisture
- Produced from natural inorganic raw materials, resulting in a strong, durable chemically stable board
Non-Hazardous to health
- Will not cause harm to persons and/or the environment
Produced without asbestos or other inorganic fibres.
- Internal Wet areas
- Swimming Pool
- Areas of high moisture
Apart from accepting a variety of painted/polished finishes, Versabacker Tile Backer Board provides an excellent compatible surface to a wide range of finishing materials i.e. paints, tiles, veneers, laminates or indeed any finishing option that comes to the creative mind of an architect or interior designer. The acceptance of Versabacker Tile Backer Board in the highly competitive international market stands testimony to its superior attributes.
Euroform Versabacker Tile Backer Board is supplied as a rectangular board with square edges and white in colour.
- 6 & 12 mm
- 590 x 1195mm
- 1200 x 1220mm
- 1200 x 800mm
- 1200 x 2400mm (full sheet size)
Special size requirements and thicknesses are also available upon request depending on quantity.
|Density Dry (ex works)||1050 kg/m|
|Modulus of Rupture 20 Nmm2||BSEN 310||20 Nmm 2|
|Modulus of Elasticity||BSEN 310||4.54 Nmm 2|
|Impact Strength (Brinell)||34 Nmm 2|
|Vapour Resistance||BSEN 12086 : 1997||2.0 MNs/g|
|Thermal Conductivity at 50°||BSEN 594||0.307 w/m/ºk|
|Fire Test||A1 Euroclass||Class
|Change in thickness|
(After immersion in water)
|BSEN 317||0 - 0.1% Nmm 2|
(Perpendicular to plane)
|BSEN 319||2.11 Nmm 2|
|Screw Withdrawal Strength||BSEN 320||81.1N/mm|
|Pull through resistance (12mm)||BSEN 1382:199||1.969 KN|
|Average Thickness Swelling||BSEN 321||0|
|Average Tensile Strength||BSEN 321||2.04 Nmm 2|
|Moisture Content||BSEN 322||0.036|
Enquire about Versabacker
01925 860 999
Have questions about Versabacker?
Let’s arrange a consultation.
Since 1995, Euroform has been successfully developing, fabricating and supplying materials for the construction industry. In that time, they have developed and cemented a reputation for innovation, expertise and reliability.
Unit 2, Lyncastle Road, Appleton,
Warrington, WA4 4SN
Tel: +44 (0) 1925 860999
Fax: +44 (0) 1925 860066