About A2 Versapanel
Combining the known and proven advantages of cement bonded particle board with the added benefit of Euroclass ‘A2’ reaction to fire, A2 Versapanel has exceptional performance in the presence of moisture when compared with exterior gypsum boards as cut edges do not require sealing to prevent degradation and there is no time limit of exposure before covering with other elements of the façade.
Versapanel is long established in the market as a product which is proven to perform acoustically and delivers exceptional performance in the presence of moisture as cut edges do not require sealing to prevent degradation. Recognising the need to provide a product which can assist with a simplified route to BR 135 compliance, Euroform has launched the A2 Versapanel.
John Taylor, Technical Director, Euroform Products, explains: “The all-round performance benefits of Versapanel have made it an extremely popular product for general building envelopes over the past decade and beyond. Recent changes in guidance have moved towards the use of limited combustibility materials, so we have responded by developing A2 Versapanel, making it possible for use in buildings above 18m.”
Features & Benefits
- A2 Versapanel is CE marked according to BS EN 13986:2004 + A1:2015
- Reaction to fire: A2-s1,d0 according to BS EN 13501-1:2007 + A1:2009
- BDA Agrément (BAW-19-093-P-A-UK) for non-structural use on external light gauge steel frame (click here for certificate)
- Provides the benefits of traditional cement bonded particle boards with the added advantage of A2 reaction to fire making it a material of ‘limited combustibility’
- Contains no hazardous volatiles, is asbestos free and its process dust is non-aggressive
- A2 Versapanel board is relatively smooth in texture and light grey in colour
- Offers exceptional performance in the presence of moisture when compared with exterior gypsum boards
- Cut edges do not require sealing to prevent degradation and there is no time limit of exposure before covering with other elements of the façade
- Offers superior mechanical performance compared with exterior gypsum boards
- Helps improve the air tightness of façades when sealed at any joints
- Due to relative high density A2 Versapanel provides a high mass robust exterior lining to optimise acoustic performance of the building envelope
- Can be provided in a pre-fabricated kit to reduce site works
- Due to exceptional high strength 10mm A2 Versapanel can be used in many façade systems saving cost.
Externally Insulated Render System
A wide range of systems may be applied over A2 Versapanel including:
- Approved insulated render systems
- Terracotta cladding systems
- High performance cladding systems
- Traditional brick coursework
A2 Versapanel® in an untreated state is weather resistant and will not degrade significantly with permanent exposure, even if subjected to freeze/thaw conditions. However, in general, a surface treatment, such as a breather membrane, is recommended for external applications.
- A2 Versapanel has been independently tested as A2-s1,d0 reaction to fire according to BS EN 13501-1:2007+A1:2009
- CE marked according to BS EN 13986:2004+A1:2015
|Sheet Length (mm)||2400||+/- 5|
|Sheet Width (mm)||1200||+/- 5|
|Sheet Thickness (mm)|| 10|
| +/- 0.7
|Weight per sheet (kg)|
| +/- 4.3
|Sheets per pallet (count) |
|Reaction to Fire: EN 13501-1||A2-s1,d0||-|
|Density (kg/m 3 )||1480||+/- 10%|
|Modulus of elasticity (N/mm 2 )||≥4000||-|
|Bending strength (N/mm 2 )||≥9||-|
|Surface alkalinity (pH)||20th January 1900||-|
|Moisture Content (ex-production %)||9||+/- 3|
|Swelling in thickness - cyclic test (%)||≤1.5||-|
|Space - Durability - Moisture (%)||≤1.5||-|
|Thermal Conductivity (λW/(m 0 K))||≤0.15||-|
|Transverse tensile strength (N/mm 2 )|
under cyclic test
|Water vapour transmission (μ)|
|Airborne sound insulation Rw (C; Ctr) (dB)||32 (-1;-4)||-|
|Formaldehyde release (class)||E1||-|
Enquire about A2 Versapanel
01925 860 999
Have questions about A2 Versapanel?
Let’s arrange a consultation.
A2 Versapanel Case Studies
Euroform’s products, expertise and outstanding technical support in action.
Stowmarket High School A2 Versapanel Case Study
Project: Stowmarket High School (to complete next year)
Project Value: £18.5M (estimated)
Main Contractor: Wates
Architect: Jestico Whiles & Associates
Product: A2 Versapanel 12mm
Setting the foundations
Stowmarket High School started construction on their new state of the art school building in December 2018, after being awarded a substantial grant as part of the Government’s Priority School Building Programme (PSBP) Phase 2.
The new school has been designed by the education team of award-winning architect firm Jestico, Whiles & Associates, who have been involved in the development of over fifty teaching, learning, and research facilities around the world.
Working as a key partner to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), experienced contractors Wates, have been commissioned by PSBP to build the brand-new modern three-story learning environment for 11-18 year olds in the Suffolk market town.
Wates have delivered around £900m of government funded school projects to date, and expect the Stowmarket school project to be completed by Easter 2020.
Building for the future
Sub-contractors Stanta needed around 2,500m2 of sheathing panel to be fitted to the school’s light gauge steel framing system. Stanta were seeking a fire-resistant solution with good mechanical strength and pull-out performance, capable of carrying external wall insulation for insulated render, brickwork and rainscreen cladding façade.
Strength and Compliance
Meeting the Stanta’s requirements for strength and compliance, Euroform’s A2 Versapanel was used.
Combining the known and proven advantages of cement bonded particle board with the added benefit of Euroclass ‘A2’ reaction to fire, A2 Versapanel offers several benefits which gypsum boards (which are often used in similar applications) do not.
A2 Versapanel offers superior mechanical performance compared with exterior gypsum boards, provides a high-mass, robust exterior for increased acoustic performance and delivers exceptional performance in the presence of moisture.
Since 1995, Euroform has been successfully developing, fabricating and supplying materials for the construction industry. In that time, they have developed and cemented a reputation for innovation, expertise and reliability.
Unit 2, Lyncastle Road, Appleton,
Warrington, WA4 4SN
Tel: +44 (0) 1925 860999
Fax: +44 (0) 1925 860066